Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Zoomazing Day

Took the kids to the Columbus Zoo today. We were bored this morning and decided to just hop in the car and go. It was super hot, but we had a great day! While standing in line to buy our tickets I overheard the following conversation:
Kid: "Look! There's a bald eagle!"
Grandma: "That's not a bald eagle. That's a pelican. Wow, there's lots of them. You wouldn't want to stand underneath that many birds!"
At this point I turn to look at the pelicans. All I see are seagulls. Yep, seagulls.
Anyway, after passing the "seagulls" we saw more interesting animals once we were actually inside the zoo! The polar bears, tiger, and brown bears were among our favorites today!

4 comments:

Lisa Bunker said...

Looks like you had a fun day!!! Love the polar bear swimming. we went with Daxton to the zoo earlier this year, yep, 1 baby 8 adults!!!!! Can't wait to do it again!

Five Wahlquist's said...

Love and I mean love the new look to your blog! How do you outline the pictures with the white border?? You are a good mommy! What a fun day!

J.D.Z.M.B said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love the polar bear pics. You really are going to have to share with all of us how you designed your new layout, it looks great!

Cheryl said...

Wow! I'm impressed with YOUR polar bears! I've never actually seen a real live polar bear MOVE! OK, maybe when I was a kid, but the ones at Hogle Zoo are in a permanent coma!