We went camping on Friday night with our neighbors the Wahlquists.
Here's a few things I will always remember from this trip:
- Camping in Ohio is different than camping in Utah. First thing I noticed you camp on grass, not dirt. A plus in my book - camping isn't nearly as dirty. Fires are extremely hard to start when everything is wet from the extreme humidity. John and Joseph ended up using the pumps for our air mattresses to blow air on the fire to get it going, and even with that it never did really take off.
- Raccoons stole my cookies and licorice! John chased them down and got my licorice back. (Don't worry I don't have rabies, it was still sealed.) However, the cookies were a complete loss. Very sad.
- Hot and humid Ohio weather, combined with raccoons outside our tent, and an air mattress that launches your partner to the moon every time you change sleeping positions make for a poor nights sleep. John and I felt like we didn't sleep at all so we decided to come home first thing in the morning instead of hiking and canoeing as planned.
- I caught the cutest little frog on Saturday morning. In fact I almost stepped on him because I thought he was a bug at first. The kids thought it was super cool to have a pet frog in their bucket before we released him back into the wild!
Thanks Wahlquist family for sharing this fun adventure with us!
End note: we got home, showered, ate some lunch, and ALL of us enjoyed a two hour nap. It was heavenly!
3 comments:
And just remember you learned all about camping from your dad. Proud of you- even catching a frog.
Luv DAD
OH, fun!!!! Like your new background and I always like the experiences you share with us, it makes me feel more in touch with you.
Thanks for sharing all of your fun experiences! It looks like you are having a full summer and those are the very very BEST!
Post a Comment