Friday, October 9, 2009

Da Da Da . . . it's Super Mom!

I survived the DMV today with two kids. Gabe was asleep when we arrived at the DMV so instead of putting a leash on him I opted for the double jogging stroller thinking he would go back to sleep once he was in the stroller. I was wrong. I had two very awake kids as I went in to the Highway Patrol office to take my test. Thankfully they weren't busy and they immediately got my started on my test. 40 questions on the test, I have to get 30 correct to pass. The first question was about Ohio seat belt laws. I got it wrong. Crap! Maybe I should have studied for this test. I assumed it would be easy. Luckily, I was right in my assumption and got the next 39 questions correct. Yeah for me! All though, the question about what the legal blood alcohol level was for a driver under the age of 21 really confused me - isn't it illegal to drink if you're under 21 so shouldn't the answer be 0? Well, 0 wasn't an option. Anyway, I guessed the right percentage which was not .08% and passed my test.
Next we went to stand in line to get my license. This was humorous since the rope dividers weren't wide enough for my double jogging stroller. So we bumped and scooted and had NUMEROUS people help us through the line while I felt like a complete idiot for having such a big stroller. When I got to the front of the line I saw there was NO way I was going to be able to get the stroller up to the counter and over to where they would take my picture without having to move all of the rope dividers again. So I abandoned the stroller which meant I now had Porter in my arms and Gabe was a free man able to wander around the DMV. I think everyone in the office knew Gabe's name by the time we left. He just went about making friends with all the people standing in line waiting . . . . I swear the kid's never met a stranger. The paper work was filed, my picture was taken and I'm now a legal Ohio driver! I'm actually amazed at how well behaved my kids were (especially Gabe) since this could have been a real nightmare. Instead, I left feeling a lot like Super Mom. Feeling like I could take on anything after experiencing the DMV with two kids. So bring it on (just in case this Super mom feeling doesn't last forever could you do it today?).

1 comment:

Tyler & Nicole said...

Way to go super mom! The DMV is a big enough pain as is, so to conquer it with two kids is awesome! Good job Rach!