We ventured about two hours north yesterday into the Adirondack Mountains to Lake Placid, site of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics.
Here's Gabe and Porter watching the bobsledders come down the track.
This bobsled was used by the German team in the 1932 Olympics.
We kept telling the kids that Uncle Taylor had done the Skeleton race on this track. In fact, in 2003 he took 6th place at Nationals in Lake Placid and the next year he took 3rd place at Nationals in Park City. He was really good, but he chose to leave the sport and his Olympic dreams to serve a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What a good kid!Here's my kids posing on the Skeleton sled for Uncle Taylor!
I tried to find a Skeleton picture or video of my brother to show the kids, but I couldn't find any and I don't have my external hard drive with me that has my photos on it. However, I randomly came across this video of him on YouTube. Even though it's not a Skeleton video, you get a taste of how cool he is. Can you tell I love my little bro? I'm kind of proud of him (and glad he hasn't broken his neck).
2 comments:
Anytime I think of winter sports I automatically think of Taylor. Love the pictures of the boys on the skeleton.
You made me cry reading about Taylor and skeleton! He is a pretty cool kid! What a great role model he is for your boys...as long as they wear a helmet! I was always so glad he made that choice!
Post a Comment