Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Airplane

Yes, I flew to California by myself with three children.  Am I insane?  Yes.  Here's a few pictures and experiences from along the way : )

Nothing says "Welcome to Albany" better than creepy black and white blowup dolls on the airport wall!  
Our luggage: I managed to get 3 suitcases, 3 backpacks, 1 diaper bag, an umbrella tent, 3 kids, and a stroller around the airport by myself!
 Relaxing for a bit at the USO in the Baltimore Airport.
While in Baltimore we were walking around the terminal and Porter ran past the TSA secure area.  He was only about 5 feet past the "do not cross this line" point and a TSA agent saw him run past it, but all sorts of loud alarms went off when he tried to come back.  I was so ticked!  The TSA person saw him run out and saw me try to stop him, but they wouldn't let him back into the terminal.  So guess what?  They made me and all the kids go out of the terminal and go through the security again.  Not that I don't enjoy a good pat down, but it was purely precautionary . . . you know, just in case my 4 year old became a threat to national security during those 3 seconds he was over that magic line painted on the carpet  :)  
It was a long day, but thankfully we made it to San Diego without further incident.  We had a great week in Cali with my family and then it was time to come home.  We had a layover in Vegas on the way back and I managed to get sick enough on the plane to puke my guts out while landing.  I've never been sick on a plane before, but I think the combination of stress, heat, and a really bumpy plane ride did me in.  I was super happy to see a Jamba Juice in the Vegas airport!  It was the only food that sounded good to me and I needed something since for the 5 hour plane flight ahead of us.  Our last flight went well and we got to Albany at about 2 AM where John met us at the airport (he'd just flown in from Alabama).  We were all exhausted and slept until about noon the next day.  It's fabulous to be home and have our family back together!  It's been a long two months!

So good to have Daddy home with us!

No comments: