Friday, April 26, 2013

Buried Treasure

Do you all remember the treasures we found in the basement when we first moved into our house?  (Read about the treasures here.)  Well, today I uncovered some more buried treasure!  While working in the flower bed in the front yard I dug up a dead cat.  Our elderly next door neighbor, Lilly, was close friends with Mary who used to live in our house.  Lilly came over to see what I was doing in the yard this morning and Porter decided to show her the cat's skull.  She looked at it and simply said, "Oh, that's Mary's cat."  And on with the conversation we went.  Apparently she didn't find it unusual that we had just dug up Mary's precious feline.  I wonder what she would have said if I'd showed her the condoms?  "Oh, those are Mary's condoms."  Maybe you had to be there, but it was funny.  And I hope Mary doesn't mind, but kitty (and condoms) are now on the way to the landfill.  

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Guess I was there 'cause I got a good chuckle out of this little treasure!

Cheryl said...

Guess I was there 'cause I got a good chuckle out of this little treasure!