We have a children's book we love called Yes Day. Here's the synopsis: "No matter how silly the requests, there is one day a year when kids always receive positive answers: Can I have pizza for breakfast? Yes! Can we have a food fight? Yes! Can I stay up really late? Yes! This day is simply called Yes Day and it's the best day of the year."The kids keep asking me when they will get a Yes Day! And I keep promising them that we'll have one, the only catch is they won't know it's Yes Day. Over the weekend we made all the necessary preparations we could for hurricane Sandy, so on Monday all we could do was sit and wait for the storm to get here. Well, that's not true, I could have cleaned my house, but decided why clean my house if a tree is just going to fall on it. Instead, I kept Gabe home from school and declared it Yes Day!
Can we stay in our pajamas?
Yes!
Can I wear my Captain America costume?
Yes!
Can you tie our legs together?
Yes!
Can we eat candy and play games on your bed?
Yes!
Can we have a ham sandwich, pickles, pretzels, and orange soda in a twisty cup for lunch?
Yes!
Can I dump an entire bag of pretzels on the living room floor?
Okay, so the little demon didn't ask, he just did it, but he didn't get in trouble, since after all it was Yes Day.
However, there are consequences when said demon doesn't clean up the pretzels he dumped on the floor. A little Yes Day siesta. Sleep it off buddy.
Can we carve our pumpkins?
Yes!
Can we watch a movie?
Yes!
After the kids had gotten ready for bed, I asked them how there day was.
It was great, they said.
Did you know today was Yes Day?
What?!!!
Then I gave them one last request . . .
Can we sleep in your bed?
Yes!




4 comments:
So cute!
What a fun day! I want a yes day! :) I'd stay in my pjs, not go to the gym, watch movies, and eat icecream, lol.
You are an awesome Mom Rachel!!! What a fun day! I can't decide if I would do that or not.
What a fun day...YES...I loved it!
Post a Comment