Saturday we received news that a dear friend unexpectedly passed away, leaving behind her husband and twin girls. Both John and I had very full hearts on Sunday as we felt such sorrow for our friends and such gratitude for the gift of eternal families. I hate that it takes sad situations to remind us just how precious life is. My kids were driving me crazy on Saturday as we were trying to get work done around the house and getting ready for Easter and Birthday stuff. As I was making Porter's birthday cake we received the news about our friend.
It's amazing how fast your perspective can change. Immediately I was so grateful for that very ordinary Saturday with my kids and husband, for the opportunity I had to make a cake for my son, and for the gift of another day we got to spend together. Hug your kids tight, let them know how much you love them, and cherish the little moments. You never know when today will be your last day.
Marci, thank you for reminding me how much my family means to me and how important faith in our Savior and His plan for us is. We love you, we will miss you, and will always be grateful for you friendship and the laughs we shared together.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltlaketribune/obituary.aspx?n=marci-jo-chatwin-burgon&pid=156896074
No comments:
Post a Comment