Today the kids and I joined some friends from church to go see the baby animals at Hancock Shaker Village in Hancock, Massachusetts. I knew almost nothing about the Shaker religion, so it was interesting to learn about their faith and it was lots of fun seeing all the baby animals!
The baby pigs liked to chew on our shoes.
Porter loved the baby bunnies.
The Animal Barn
A view inside the barn
At one point Gabe was running around the barn "catching" dust mites. Really? You have a barn full of baby animals to play with and you're playing with dust mites? Oh well, whatever makes you happy right?
My kids loved playing on all the farm equipment . . . maybe more than they enjoyed seeing the animals and dust mites. Silly boys.
Porter gives cow milking a try . . .
I'm not sure what the Shakers used these for, but the kids thought they made great swings.
No comments:
Post a Comment