Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Conference Weekend

I love conference weekends and this one was no different.  What's not to love about good food, being spiritually uplifted, all while in your pajamas?  To view the latest session of General Conference click here.

We had friends over for the Saturday afternoon session and dinner.  Shocking, I know, but we actually have friends in New York.  This family has been what I consider a little miracle in our life.  Our ward boundaries are HUGE.  So the fact that we unknowingly bought a house only three minutes away from another member family that has kids the same age as ours is a miracle.  We have enjoyed getting to know them and the kids are so happy to have friends to play with!  Anyway, back to dinner, I made Paula Dean's Cola Baked BBQ Chicken and Beans.  Leave it to the pregnant girl to figure out how to make a Paula Dean recipe even more fattening!  That's right I topped the BBQ chicken with onions sauteed in Dr. Pepper, then topped it with bacon, and melted cheese.  This dish was blog worthy.  So yummy!
 Porter must have learned this method of watching conference from my dad : )  Bazinga!

And finally a video of our crazy kids.

Clip 1.  Porter singing.  This is how he sings in church every week.  We like to say he sings with "enthusiasm".  And just FYI, we don't let him sing about monster trucks in church.

Clip 2.  The kids get some energy out by playing Power Rangers and Beyblade.

Clip 3.  What Gabe learned from General Conference.

In case you need a Gabe translation.  "Last week in the basement" is referring to the Saturday morning session of conference.  He then says he learned that, "parents should be nice to their kids."
Oh boy, if this is the only thing he learned from conference does that say something about me?
Mean?  You think I'm mean?  I'll show you mean!  Just kidding!  Guess I should work on being a little nicer : )  Out of the mouthes of babes right?

No comments: