Thursday, October 6, 2011

He's Five! (well, almost)

Last Saturday we celebrated Gabe's 5th Birthday!  True, his birthday isn't for another month, but it was really important to him to have a party with his friends before we moved, so we celebrated early.  Originally we planned to have the party at a park, but the weather didn't cooperate with us, so we ended up having the party at Burger King.  Thankfully everything turned out great  (I was super nervous about the Burger King thing)!

Here's pictures of our Lego Star Wars party!


This was the easiest birthday cake I've ever made!
Every kid went home with their own "lightsaber" bubble wand.
And a bag full of candy from our Darth Vader pinata.
(Vader's hiding behind the milk and orange juice)
 The Birthday Boy blowing out the candles!
(I love how you can see Porter in the corner of the picture helping Gabe out.)
 Gabe wearing what was left of our Darth Vader pinata after the kids attacked it with a lightsaber.
 I find this picture pretty funny of the dads checking out Gabe's new toys!
 
Thanks to all of our Ohio friends who celebrated Gabe's special day with us!  What a gift it is to celebrate birthdays and holidays and not feel homesick for our families in Utah since we have been blessed with such an awesome family of friends here in Ohio! 

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

What an awesome party.Looked like out turned out wonderful! I'm glad he could celebrate with so many friends. Of course, it kills me that we aren't there! Loved the light sabers and pinata...and of course Darth! He just looks soooo BIG and Porter DOES look so adorable blowing out the candles! xoxo

Lisa Bunker said...

Darling party, loved the dad's they weren't just checking the presents out, they probably wished they were for them to play with. Happy Birthday to GABE a month early!!!!!!

Tyler & Nicole said...

Very cute party!

Natalie said...

Hannah went to a Star Wars birthday party yesterday, so all last night we were having light saber fights :)

The party looks like it turned out great. I love all the details you put into it. I too love the picture of the dads drooling over Gabes presents :)

Happy Birthday Gabe!

Cynthia said...

You have all kinds of fun ideas! What a fun party! I agree with the idea of Ohio friends being like family, since we are so far away from our families. We miss it, but such is life, huh? Enjoy getting ready for NY!

Ashley said...

Looks like you did a great job. I LOVE the cake and have been wanting to do that too! Very cute and fun!