Monday, January 12, 2009

Dayton Bombers Hockey Game


Saturday the weather was kind of icky, we didn't have anything to go do, so John, Gabe and myself just hung around the house in our jammies all day. Our neighbor called me around 6PM to remind us that it was military appreciation night at the Dayton Bombers Hockey game if we wanted to go. I decided we were NOT going to go to the game, but John (NOT used to being at home ALL day long) was stir crazy and decided we needed to get out of the house. So we quickly got ready, grabbed a bite to eat for dinner and went to a hockey game! We had a fun time and it was nice to get out of the house! Gabe was super tired since he was up past his bedtime, but he enjoyed watching the game and was happy once we got him some popcorn. There was a lady sitting next to us who was really sweet to Gabe during the game. Her son was one of the camera guys at the game, so she had him come over and he put Gabe's picture up on the jumbotron. It was fun for Gabe to see himself and mommy waving on the BIG screen!


As for the hockey game itself . . . well, I didn't think the Bombers were very good, but I don't watch a lot of hockey so I'm not a very good judge of that. There was one fight, it was very funny because it looked choreographed and almost planned, but it added a little excitement none the less!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you had fun...even if you did have to get out of your jammies! Fun pictures! Gabe looks soooo big!

Ron and Rachelle said...

That looks like so much fun! I have never been to a hockey game so I will have to live one through you! I have given up on potty training with Jace for the third time since Sept. Ronnie was almost three and it took two days and he was potty trained. I am sick of poopie/wet underwear and puddles, and blah blah, so I hope you are doing better than I am at sticking with it...

J.D.Z.M.B said...

So glad you guys had a good time too! You are right they aren't a very good hockey team at all...at least there was the one dramatic moment, even if it was fake.