We had a very relaxing Thanksgiving Day here in Alabama. We had our turkey dinner courtsey of Cracker Barrell. It was actually very good. However, it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving without being with our families. We sure missed all of you today. So keeping with Thanksgiving tradition here are our 5 thankfuls (well, mine at least, John is being difficult...)
Rachel's thankfuls:
1. My boys - there isn't a day that goes by that I am not thankful for John and Gabe. They are what keeping me going. I am grateful for their "enthusiastic" attitudes. Their happiness is contagious and always brightens my day.
2. My family - it was hard moving away from home this year. I miss seeing all of you and I wish you were closer to see Gabe grow up. However, I appreciate all the effort that has been put into visits, phone calls, packages, and emails. It's nice to still feel connected to you at home. I sure love all of you!
3. The Gospel - I am always thankful for the gospel in my life. I am thankful for the light and direction is gives in this crazy world. It gives me the hope and comfort that I need. Without it, I think I would find this world far too scary! I am grateful for my Savior, for His Atonement and for the chance we've been given to repent of our sins and be forgiven. What would I do without second chances?
4. Freedom - I love America! I am so proud to have a husband that is serving our country. I know he would give everything he has in order to preserve our freedom. It scares me sometimes to know how dedicated he is to this service, but I couldn't be prouder.
5. Eternal Families - I know I already listed John and Gabe as a thankful, and I already listed the gospel. However, this one is important enough to me to list by itself. I am grateful for the principle of eternal families. The other day John, Gabe and I spent the day on a beach in Florida. It was such a peaceful day and I felt absolutely content and at peace inside. As I watched my husband and son playing I think God gave me a glimpse of eternity. It was a moment I wished would never end. But, it did. However, it's one of those moments I'll never forget. I was in my own personal "heaven." It couldn't last, but I know we'll be there again someday, and we'll be there together, forever. And until then I will continue to hold onto those glimpses of heaven that God blesses us with in this life.
3 comments:
We sure missed having you at Thanksgiving dinner - you were not forgotten. Thanks for sharing your thankfuls. It was good to hear. We truly are so blessed.
I am so grateful to see the tradition of "The Five Thankfuls" continue, as I know Mimi is!
love it!!! Amen!!!
Post a Comment