Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Go Kart

During the summer of 2013 while John was TDY in Alabama I took the kids out for a fun treat one afternoon.  We went to a sports park to drive go karts!  The boys loved it and decided they wanted one.  Since their daddy happens to be an engineer, I thought it would be fun for them to build a go kart together once he got home!  Now, you have to understand I was picturing them gathering junkyard scraps and piecing together something they could put wheels on and then strapping a lawn mower engine on it or something.  You know, something simple, a fun project for them to work on together.  

When John got home, we told him about our go kart plans and he thought it was a great idea!  However, his vision of a go kart and my vision of a go kart are two very different things.  A year and a half later and the go kart is done!  As you can see, there was no junkyard or lawnmower involved.  

I hope our kids remember the awesome time they spent working in the garage with their daddy!   
Here's the first time we took it out for a spin!
These kids have such an awesome daddy!

No comments: