Being in Boston for the 4th of July has been on my to-do list since we moved to New York. So I was bound and determined to make it happen this year, even with a hurricane breathing down our neck!
The forecast for the 4th looked very wet, so Boston bumped their 4th of July Celebration up a day to the 3rd. John had to work on the 3rd, so as soon as he got home from work we jumped in the car and headed to Boston. We got checked into our hotel room and headed to the subway station. We got a spot on Cambridge side of the Charles River just as the Boston Pops and the Beach Boys started performing.
Excited to be in Boston!
Quentin dancing to the Beach Boys : )
By the time the fireworks started he was one tired boy.
The concert was cut short and the fireworks started early due to the weather. The fireworks were great, but they ended abruptly when the police ordered an emergency evacuation : (
At the subway station this is the swarm of people we met trying to get below ground before the rain hit. No one was moving anywhere, so we decided to start walking and try to make it to another station.
As we were walking up the street the wind started blowing and I heard people start screaming. I looked up and saw a wall of water coming toward us. I saw how fast it was moving, so I grabbed Gabe and we were able to squeeze into a covered alcove of a building. John, Porter and Quentin weren't so lucky and they got drenched!
After the rain slowed down we were able to get on the Subway, get back to our car, and eventually back to our hotel around 1AM.
Thankfully, I had jackets to put on my now cold, wet, but amazingly still happy boys!The next morning (the 4th) we walked around Lexington a bit before heading home. We were all exhausted, but I'm so glad we went to Boston! It'll be a an Independence Day we'll never forget : )













1 comment:
Oh, that video makes me crazy! I can hear Gabe's voice in the background and makes me sad. But the rest of the pictures make me very excited for the fun night you had. Glad you got to check that off your bucket list!
Post a Comment