Monday, May 12, 2014

Our Mother's Day Adventure

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day this year!  My boys spoiled me with breakfast in bed, and gifts they made at school and church.  After church John really wanted a nap, but I had other plans : )  We packed a cooler full of drinks and snacks, piled in the car and headed to Lake George to do some hiking.  About half way there we realized we'd left the cooler at home.  Whoopsies : )  Once there, we did some serious uphill hiking (it felt like we were climbing straight up the mountain), dealt with the boys whining and fighting over who was the leader, and when we finally reached the top of the mountain (very hungry and thirsty) we were rewarded with amazing views of Lake George and a beautiful waterfall.
I love our Sunday afternoon hikes!  There's nothing better than spending time with my family in nature and enjoying the beautiful places our Heavenly Father has created!  

No comments: