We took another soggy hike today! The rain made things wet and muddy, but everything was green and absolutely beautiful!
We found TONS of Red Spotted Newts!
John at the top of a 60' waterfall. I wouldn't get any closer to the edge, I was having panic attacks : ) Heights are so not my thing!
Here's my great idea of a "short cut". Straight up the side of the gorge. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I've decided it wasn't one of my better ideas. We were holding on to tree roots and crawling on all fours to get up since it was so steep. John kept saying he'd been through worse, but I had to remind him it was never with three little kids before. However, we all made it : ) I was super proud of my boys for just billy goating it up to the top without any tears even though they both got scared. I wish the pictures turned out better, so you could see how steep it was (and how crazy it was to drag three kids up that), but here's John and Porter getting to the top of the hill.
Thankfully, we all lived to blog about it : )
4 comments:
Look at all that green!!!! Wet or not it's still pretty!
That was me, John.
Rach had an awesome idea to go up the side of the gorge. Yes, I was proud of my boys, but more importantly, they were proud of what they'd done. And, I don't think porter was ever scared. Gabe on the other hand, yes.
Anonymous...are you hijacking this blog? :) Good to hear from you...hope you are surviving.
Rach, you are such a great mom of boys...suits you! Loved the lizards. Crazy hike! Super glad you all survivied
XOXO
Post a Comment