Friday, April 1, 2011

My Favorite Things

This is just for fun and because my friend did it and because I have to do everything my friends do. So, in no particular order, here are a few of my favorite things!




Plastic Storage Totes
I LOVE these storage containers. I love walking down the aisle at the store that has these. All the organizational possibilities just make my heart happy!








Chap Stick
What would I do without you? You are my first true love. I will never leave you, but lucky for me if I do forget you somewhere you are only $0.99 and easily replaced. Kisses.






Swivel Sweeper
Yep, just like you've seen on TV. This electric sweeper make cleaning up after my kids a breeze. It has a rechargeable battery so there's no cords to mess with. Just pull it out, sweep up and you're done!










Mac Computer
I've been converted for life! I will never go back to a PC.










Cozy Coupe (the real smart car)
I bought our Cozy Coupe for $5 at a garage sale, but the way my kids love this car if it broke tomorrow I would pay the $50 for a brand new one! Well worth the money in my opinion.











Sonic Happy Hour
Half price drinks from 2-4PM.
Large drinks $0.99 before 11AM.
Mmmm . . . I love a good Sonic drink!






Family Fun Magazine

John's grandma gave us this subscription as a gift and I love it! Gabe and I always have fun looking at this together and choosing fun activities out of it. In fact, just yesterday we made slime. We found the recipe in the latest issue of Family Fun. I think John and I had as much fun playing with the slime as the kids did. Here's the recipe if your interested: Mix together 3/4 cup warm water, 1 cup white glue, and a few drops of food coloring. In another bowl, combine 4 teaspoons borax and 1 1/3 cups warm water. Pour contents of the first bowl into the second and let it sit for 1 minute without stirring. Your slime is now ready! I halfed this recipe and it still made plenty. Store in a zip lock baggie.


Legos
Currently my favorite toy. They keep Gabe entertained for hours and there's no parental guilt involved. (You know the guilt that comes from letting your kid watch too much TV or playing too many computer games.) Kuddos for an awesome toy that inspires creativity, uses imagination & teaches problem solving skills!

3 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

Great list Rachel! Madison loves her Cozy Coupe too. I found one on craigslist for under $20. I think we paid $15. Also, yay for sonic happy hour!! :O)

J.D.Z.M.B said...

So after seeing this post a few days ago I have now been to Sonic three times this week! And I am pretty sure that a cozy coupe is in our future! :)

Natalie said...

That was fun to read. I'll have to do that sometime too.