Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gabe is One Cool Kid!



Ever since Gabe was a baby he would suck on his two middle fingers to soothe himself, especially when he was tired. When we went to the dentist a few weeks ago she told us that he needed to stop his finger sucking habit. This past week I decided it was time to work on it with Gabe. We put band aids on his fingers in hopes that he wouldn't suck on them. It was really hard on him for a couple of days, especially when he was trying to go to sleep, but, it worked! In just six days (that's just under a week for those of you who aren't good at math) we are band aid free and he's no longer sucking on his fingers!!! I was expecting a really long hard fight over this, but he really surprised me! What an awesome kid!

3 comments:

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

yea for gabe!! and you...he's such a great kid.

Bitters said...

Good Job GABE!!! HIGH FIVE.....xo

Cheryl said...

Wow! I am impressed! I didn't stop completely sucking my thumb until I was in the 8th grade! Embarrassing to admit, I know. I was afraid I would get caught sucking my thumb at girls camp! Poor Mimi tried everything. We dipped my thumb in alcohol and all sorts of nasty stuff, Band-Aids, bribes. I only did it when I was tired, watching TV etc. So, she taught me to knit so I could keep my hands busy! It wasn't until I got my first set of braces OFF and had a retainer and my thumb no longer fit, that I quit! Way to go Gabe!