Saturday, July 18, 2009

Splish Splash We're Taking a Bath!

The other night as I went to get Gabe out of the bathtub my feet hit water just outside the bathroom door. Yes, there was enough water on the bathroom floor to run out of the bathroom and soak the carpet in the hall. Four towels later, I finally had the water all mopped up and I put Gabe straight to bed. Was I upset, yes. Did he get in trouble, not really. Sometimes we let him splash in the bathtub when the shower curtain is closed and I had told him that night that he could splash while I got Porter dressed. So how can I get mad at him when I wasn't watching him? As to how that much water ended up on the floor, I have no idea! He's two, anything could have happened!
Anyway, I put Gabe to bed and walked downstairs. Big UH-OH! There is water dripping from my living room ceiling! Okay, now I'm upset! Thankfully my awesome neighbors were outside so I sought their advice and company, very grateful not to be going through this alone! So there we sat in my living room watching the water drip and the ceiling bulge. I called the emergency maintenance guy and he told us to poke a hole in the ceiling so the water could drain out. So Josh put several holes in the ceiling (some of which were unintentional since his fingers just went right through the drywall when he touched it). The next morning the ceiling looked better since most of it had dried. Now we just need maintenance to patch the holes. It only took them 6 months to patch the last hole, I wonder how long it will take this time?

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh no!! Sorry, Rachel!! That is no good. The challenges of being a mom when Dad's gone, huh? Let is know if you need anything!

The Boyacks said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. Leave it up to Lexi and Gabe....I will post my story later about what Lexi did.

Lisa Bunker said...

Been there, but it wasn't the kids, turned on the water for Erika a bath, then walked out of the house and totally forgot!!!!!!

J.D.Z.M.B said...

At least you weren't totally alone, we were outside :) Besides I think Josh enjoyed putting holes in your ceiling!