Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


Today I am especially grateful for my wonderful husband and for what a great dad he is to Gabe (and the 14 other children we would have if he had things his way).
I love that John loves to play with Gabe. He is always giving Gabe "horsey rides" which always end with Gabe being bucked off onto the couch, taking him to the park, taking him on bike rides, and he never minds letting Gabe practice hitting golf balls with him in the yard. Gabe is always tagging along with Dad when he's working in the garage, or on one of our cars, or something around the house. If there's tools involved - Gabe's there! And John is so patient to let him "help."
So, to my wonderful hubby on Father's Day I would like to say: It's not just the rough housing, the tickling and all fun you have that makes you a great dad. It's the fact that you love your family, provide for us and set a great example of what a Dad should be. We love you! Thanks for being a great Dad!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute! So where are the other 14 kids? We can't wait to meet them.

Cheryl said...

What a nice tribute to John! I would agree with everything you said. My only complaint about John is that he took you guys too far away...but I am willing to forgive! Nice of me, huh? This is a very cute picture! I loved the picture you sent Dad of him and Gabe. It is precious! XOXO

The Boyacks said...

Nice Tribute to your man! I agree that John is a fabulous Dad, glad that you decided to keep him around!!!

Natalie said...

Happy belated Father's Day to John! He sure seems like a great dad! We love you guys.