This past week 5 of the 12 families in our cul de sac moved. There was one day when there were 3 moving trucks parked in our circle at once (and these aren't little Uhauls, they are semi trucks). We weren't close to any of the families that moved from our circle, but we lost 20 families from our ward all at once. Including one of my good friends, Tammy, who is moving to Germany. I am sad to see them go, but that's the Air Force life we chose. They will just be the first of many good friends we will have to leave. I ended up watching her little boy twice last week while the movers were packing her house. Her husband is already in Germany leaving her with the job of moving and caring for their 1o month old baby. And she's 7 months pregnant. So getting her little boy out of her hair for a couple of days was the least I could do to help her out. But, HOLY COW two kids was a handful. By the end of the first day I told John "I don't know if I can do this again tomorrow." I survived and thankfully both boys did too!
We listened to General Conference this weekend and it was wonderful as always. I especially loved Elder Ballard's talk to the young mothers of the church. I love being a mom, but it does get hard some times! His talk was a good reminder for me that the joy of being a mom comes in moments and those moments are what make all the messes, tantrums, cooking, cleaning, etc. worth while. I love being a mom and I love those moments of absolute joy that I feel! I truly am blessed to have such a wonderful kid. He has such a bright happy spirit and is constantly bringing a smile to my face. It is great to be a mom!
Listen to conference: www.lds.org
3 comments:
Wow! Lots of people moving. Crazy. No Air Force people over here, but a lot of our neighbors are moving too. I think most of us just want to move up to more space for our growing families.
Elder Ballard's was one of my favorites too. Good thing there are those wonderful moments or I might want to just give up. Woo!
Glad Ohio is warming up for you. It is snowing out here today!
I remember having a particularly hard day with you guys (and I was still working...that's what made it really hard!). I was cleaning our bathtub and crying and Jenny came in and saw me, and simply just rubbed my back and said, "sometimes it isn't easy being the mom." I remember that just that little act of kindness turned my whole day around! Being a Mom is the absolute greatest joy and blessing in all of our lives, but it certainly isn't for whimps or the lighthearted, is it? You are an amazing Mom and I am so proud of how amazing you are and how natural you are at this "mom-stuff" I love you!
Post a Comment